Thursday, September 9, 2010

From Cortina to Bolzano

At least a couple times each day I would think to myself that it couldn't get any better, and that I had better enjoy the moment to the fullest. But it kept getting better. The weather, the terrain, the views.

If I had to choose a highlight of highlights it would be riding into the mountains west of Cortina. The sun came out and the air felt southern...damp and warm but fresh, as if there was a sea nearby. Oh, if only I could capture the views on camera if not the sensations.

3 comments:

  1. The weather is great. I bet it's so beautiful. You are so lucky to be able to do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think u got perfect bike for these roads...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends of mine lived in Italy for several years very near where you were biking. They've said they miss everything about living in Europe!

    ReplyDelete